Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation's leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The HME Centralized Customer Service Manager manages day-to-day call center operations for the HME Division. This individual is responsible for the development, operation and management of the HME Centralized Customer Service (CCS) department. Responsibilities include management of employees, department operations according to departmental policies/procedures, regulatory compliance, fiscal management, annual budget, and development. Additionally, the CCS Manager will train new call center customer service representatives and supervisors.
- Interview, select, orient and manage HME customer service department employees.
- Evaluate employee's capabilities and take appropriate action if discrepancy is recognized between capabilities and performance requirements. Identify problems, provide appropriate counseling, instruction, education or experience as needed.
- Take disciplinary action when indicated and make recommendations for termination if required.
- Perform employee reviews.
- Ensure and review completion of employee competencies relating to job duties.
- Ensure and review completion of employee training
- Maintain employee files and contribute to Human Resources’ employee files.
- Develop customer service goals in response to referral/admission goals, construct strategies and plans, direct implementation, monitor and access results as identified and coordinated with the HME National Operations Manager and local Programs.
- Responsible for all aspects of daily call center operations.
- Identify workflow revisions and coordinate with the National HME Operations Manager to support department efficiency, operating procedures and reports.
- Continuously review delivery systems to accomplish efficiency and collaboration of VITAS needs.
- Continuously monitor the activities for pending patients
- Continuously monitor staff tasks and Automated Call Distribution (ACD) reports.
- The HME Centralized Customer Service Manager will be responsible to monitor the phone system Cisco UCCE (Unified Contact Center Enterprise) to include the following reports/key metrics.
- Ensure necessary compliance of Federal Vehicle Safety, OSHA, DOT, FDA, and Accreditation statutes and regulations concerning vehicle operation, safety and infection control, equipment and prescription medical grade oxygen tracking and recall system.
- Responsible for the monthly operating budget/expenses, accurate G/L coding of invoices, department approvals of accounts payable.
- Entering and monitoring payroll and ongoing monitoring of all activities.
Construction of the department’s annual budget
- Demonstrate self-motivated professional and personal development by assuming responsibility for continued learning.
- Attend and participate with related HME committees and meetings.
- Competitive compensation
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Four years of management/supervisory experience in delivery of home medical equipment
- Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance
- Ability to travel to off-site locations.
- Working knowledge of home medical equipment and medical supplies.
- Professional attitude with good leadership skills.
- Computer experience including Windows operating systems, inventory control, purchase order systems, word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work unsupervised exercising a high degree of discretion and independent judgment.
- Well developed interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferable but may be substituted by work experience.
Special Instructions to Candidates: